FARO Cobalt Array Imager
FARO Cobalt Array Imager enables custom configurations to improve productivity.
UNLIMITED MULTI-IMAGER SCANNING CONFIGURATIONS
The FARO Cobalt Array Imager is a metrology-grade non-contact scanner which captures millions of high resolution 3D coordinate measurements in seconds. The Cobalt Array Imager is equipped with dedicated on-board processors – an industry first. The smart sensor allows unique multi-imager array configurations which expand the scan area to deliver rapid, automated and comprehensive inspection; dramatically improving cycle time. The actionable data is then displayed as simple go/no-go result or an easy-to-read dimensional deviation color map.
Features of FARO Cobalt Array Imager
- MULTIPLE IMAGER ARRAYS:
- DELIVERS FAST, RELIABLE PERFORMANCE, AND EASY MULTI-UNIT INTEGRATION
- FOR INSPECTIONS WHERE PRECISION IS CRITICAL FOR CAPTURING FINE DETAILS, FEATURES, AND EDGES
- EASILY HANDLES COMPLEX PARTS WITH DARK SURFACES, LIGHT SURFACES, DIFFERENT COLORS, TEXTURES AND REFLECTIVITY
- APPLIES OPTIMAL EXPOSURE SETTINGS TO ENSURE THE BEST POSSIBLE DATA FOR EVERY SITUATION
- ENSURE HIGH ACCURACY AND STABILITY AND ENABLE SELF-MONITORING
- MAXIMIZES COVERAGE AREA IN EACH SCAN AND SHORTENS INSPECTION TIME
- ENHANCES ABILITY TO MEASURE DARK AND REFLECTIVE SURFACES IN VARIABLE LIGHTING CONDITIONS
- PROVIDE FLEXIBILITY FOR MULTIPLE FIELDS OF VIEW
Benefits of FARO Cobalt Array Imager
- Increases the effective field of view which, in turn, reduces inspection time and increases productivity. A multiple imager array of Cobalt sensors is often more flexible and affordable than purchasing a larger field of view system.
- Integration is simplified, and inspection times become more predictable and more reliable, ultimately enabling more efficient throughput. Implementing the simultaneous use of multiple units further reduces cycle time.
- Fine details are easily scanned with the system. The interchangeable field of view allows Cobalt to be tailored to the customer’s need.
- Accurately capture light and dark surfaces and/or multi-colored objects in a single scan.
- Ensures the best possible data set and records exposures for repeated measurements. There is no need for the user or the Cobalt system to continuously recalculate exposures. Throughput is increased and inspection time is reduced.
- Reliable and stable measurement results are automatically assured during the inspection process
- The number of images required during inspection is reduced and overall inspection time is shortened.
- Simplified capture of dark and shiny surfaces.
- Every Cobalt system is capable of multiple fields of view. Interchangeable lenses allow flexibility for multiple applications.